How come you started singing mantras?

 


From my childhood on in India the use of mantras was wellknown to me. To sing mantras already my father taught me as a little girl. For instance he used to recite mantra prayers during cooking. I was sitting near by and was listening with devotion. I felt very attracted by this and was calmed and transferred into another world. In this way I started already at that time singing one or another sanscrit mantra and felt happy with it. Until the development of my todays songs of mantras many years have passed. To tell it straight forward, I love to sing songs with spiritual background. The singing for the veneration of God is delighting and it stands on the first place. In so far it is artistic expression of a devotional feeling. All other aspects like scientific explanations, different ways and models of explaining the effects of mantras etc. follow afterwards. For me it was important to come in daily life for a certain time to peace and selfreflection. In this context I remembered the mantras and have sung some spontaneously. In the following time I dealt with my experiences in singing and hearing mantras in greater detail. In doing so I developped a certain style of singing by which the atmosphere and vibration of the respective mantras was transferred. In the time when I suffered from a long and heavy desease, I came to know about the healing and strengthening power of mantras. Since then mantra-singing belongs to my daily life.
www.doctorshobbies.com

posted by VICKY @ 7:58 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 Go To Main Page

 

Template By Vicky Singh

Religion blogs